I've seen this meme answered in many places around the blogosphere and now I've been tagged by Lucy Gray. While I've really enjoyed reading other people's random facts, I have to admit that I'm not really a "meme kind of girl." I'm not the only one. Clarence Fisher and Anne Davis feel much the same way.
Here are the Official Rules (although I'm breaking #3 and #4):
- Post these rules before you give your facts
- List 8 random facts about yourself
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
8 Random Things About Me:
- This summer, while running across the living room to reach my crying two year old, my little toe caught on the corner of a wall. It's purple, bruised and broken but at least it's my daughter favorite color!
- My husband is a professional jazz musician. He plays the upright, acoustic bass.
- I teach at the same school as my in-laws (mother, father, and brother-in-law).
- Since my first pregnancy, I have become an ambilivant vegetarian. It started with bacon, which I blamed on cravings. Gradually, I've been eating more and more meat. With guilt, I quietly admit that it tastes good.
- I was offered my first teaching job three weeks before school started. Those were three of the most stressful and exciting weeks of my life.
- After college, I taught English for a year at the Lithuanian Police Academy. I lived with my mother's cousins, met my great aunt and uncles, and learned a lot about family's amazing history.
- I love chocolate, good coffee and guacamole - not all at once.
- I often get the word order of phrases and idioms mixed up. My husband's favorite is, "I'm runnning around with my head cut off, like a chicken." Well, you know what I mean!
I'm tagging you!